Choosing the right supplier of your submetering system is an important first step towards creating a more environmentally aware community in your building, but just as important is securing the right billing and collection services agreement for your residents.
Carma makes this process easy by offering three standard agreement options. Each option offers a great deal of flexibility to ensure it meets the needs of the residents. We understand contracts can be complicated, that’s why we take the time to sit with each of our clients, review the contract and discuss any questions they may have. We encourage our customers to have their corporation’s lawyer review the document to ensure all concerns are addressed. If you are interested in learning more about our submetering systems and billing agreements please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our various agreements have been vetted by many of the top property management companies in Canada along with prestigious real estate lawyers.
Property managers, building owners and condominium corporations have the opportunity to exercise their due diligence and explore all of their options. We offer a few tips for those searching for the right fit agreement:
- Retain an experienced condominium lawyer to help understand the agreement and answer any questions about ownership, liabilities, etc.
- Make sure the agreement clearly defines the terms and conditions, who owns the equipment and who’s responsible for repair and reverification.
- Make sure your submetering system has all required Measurement Canada approvals and understand the warranty that is provided with the system.
- Understand the charges that will be allocated to the residents, how the company bills and if the company is licensed by the Ontario Energy Board to provide billing services.
- Lastly, be clear on who is doing what and what the condominium corporation, the building owner, the property management company and the billing service provider will be responsible for.
Once the submetering equipment has been installed and the billing services agreement signed you will be well on your way to promoting individual consumption responsibility and promoting environmental awareness.